Say What?! - Timeless Tennis Quotes

Compilation of my favourite quotes tennis quotes from and about tennis players, among others.

* Tennis is an addiction that once it has truly hooked a man will not let him go. - Russell Lynes

* Ladies, here's a hint. If you're up against a girl with big boobs, bring her to the net and make her hit backhand volleys. That's the hardest shot for the well-endowed. - Billie Jean King

* I would so like to be Lenny Kravitz. - Roger Federer

More quotes after the jump.



* I played really well. So I'd like to thank myself, first of all. - Dmitry Tursunov on winning the Hopman Cup (with Nadia Petrova)

* If I wore a sleeveless shirt, people would try to feed me after the match. - Andy Roddick

* I wore that to a sixth-grade dance. - Robby Ginepri on one of Vince Spadea's outfits

* It's one-on-one out there, man. There ain't no hiding. I can't pass the ball. - Pete Sampras

* I'd rather be No. 2 in Chile and No. 1 in the world. - Nicolas Massu

* The wind was blowing, the dogs were barking, something got in my eye. - Andy Roddick on his loss to Greg Rusedski

* When you speak to tennis journalists, you notice how little they understand. - Tim Henman

* I threw the kitchen sink at him but he went to the bathroom and got his tub. - Andy Roddick on losing the 2004 Wimbledon final to Roger Federer

* It's all your fault - but nothing personal! - Andy Roddick to an umpire

* Pete is a step and a half slower. - Greg Rusedski after losing to Pete Sampras at the US Open

* Against him I don't need to be a step and a half quicker. - Pete Sampras responding to Greg Rusedski's criticism

* Tim Henman... is the human form of beige. - Lnda Smith, Comedienne

* From the beginning, I really felt the French Open would be different from the other majors. First of all, because it's played on clay. - Pam Shriver

* The difference between night and day is, er, night and day. - Tim Henman

* I can cry like Roger, it's just a shame I can't play like him. - Andy Murray after losing to Federer at the 2010 Australian Open

* I'm not the next anyone, I'm the first Maria Sharapova. - Maria Sharapova

* I decided I can't pay a person to rewind time, so I may as well get over it. - Serena Williams

* This taught me a lesson, but I'm not quite sure what it is. - John McEnroe

* I can't really explain why, Physically I felt good, but it's just... it's just a bad day at the office, as they say it. - Novak Djokovic on his loss at the 2009 Roland Garros

* Is necessary to attack to the Iraq, no? For they to having massive arms of detructionating. Saddam is bad man, and he have to be broughten to the justice, truth. I not think international pression will work, only a war. - 17-year-old Rafael Nadal on Iraq War

Comments

Popular Posts